Cancer therapeutics, Precision herbal medicine & Computer aided drug discovery.
Recent Research Activites:
- Sohini Kulavi1, Debajit Dhar1, Izaz Monir Kamal2, Saikat Chakrabarti2, and Jaya Bandyopadhyay1. 2023. Analysis of EIF4A3 Network in Glioma and Virtual Screening of Natural Inhibitors from Medicinal Plants with Anti-Glioma Activity. Poster presented and awarded 1st Prize for the Poster Presentation in the 8th Annual International Conference under the theme “Genetics & Genomics in Health and Diseases” of the Board of Genetic Counseling, India & University of Hyderabad held from 7th-9th July 2023 at Hyderabad, India.
- Sohini Kulavi1*, Debajit Dhar1, Izaz Monir Kamal2, Saikat Chakrabarti2 and Jaya Bandyopadhyay1 . 2022. Protein Targeted Phytotherapy for Glioblastoma: An Initiative towards Precision Medicine. Poster presented in the 91ST ANNUAL MEETING OF THE SOCIETY OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTS, INDIA, held from 8 to 11 December 2022 in Kolkata, India.
- Sohini Kulavi1*, Debajit Dhar1, Izaz Monir Kamal2, Shubham Saini1, Saikat Chakrabarti2 and Jaya Bandyopadhyay1 . 2022. Protein Specific Therapeutic Intervention in Glioblastoma Multiforme Using Bioactive Compounds from Castanea sativa and Withania somnifera – An Integration of Phytotherapy into Precision Onco-medicine. Poster presented in the ADVANCES IN MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTICS AND PRECISION MEDICINE in association with Cancercon 2022 held from 15-17 September 2022 at Anna University, Chennai, India.
Past Research Experience:
- Summer Research Fellowship Program 2017 Indian Science Academies (IAS, INSA, NASI); Title: In silico analysis of differential expression of miRNA and its target prediction using non-coding RNA-Seq dataset; Guide: Dr Dinesh Gupta, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, New Delhi.
- Summer Training 2018; Title: Zinc oxide (ZnO) nanoparticles mediated targeted delivery of Curcumin to cancer cells; Guide: Dr Parames Chandra Sil; Bose Institute, Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Summer School of IASc-INSA-NASI Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF] – 2019 on ‘Science of Materials’ organized by UM-DAE Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences, University of Mumbai, Kalina Campus (May 6- June 14, 2019).
- B.Tech Project. Project Title: Green Synthesis of Quercetin Conjugated AuNPs using Citrus Lemon Extract as a Best Alternative to Trisodium Citrate and a Comparative Study based on their Characterization and Antibacterial and Anti-cancer Activity. Duration: 1-year Guide: Dr. Sirshendu Chatterjee, Techno India University, West Bengal, India
- M.Tech Thesis. Project Title: Exploring the Possibilities of CNT-Mediated Management of Alzheimer’s disease in C. elegans through a Comprehensive Review. Duration: 6 months Guide: Dr. Jaya Bandyopadhyay, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, India.
Music, Painting, Movie.
- Iyer K, Saini S, Bhadra S, Kulavi S, Bandyopadhyay J. Precision Medicine Advancements in Glioblastoma: A Systematic Review. BioMedicine. 2023;13(2):1.
- Kulavi S, Kaur R, Iyer K, Bandyopadhyay J, Sengupta T. A smart & precise approach with nanoparticles-based therapeutic intervention in neurodegenerative diseases. Nanomedicine Journal. 2023 Apr 1;10(2).
- Ghosh C, Saha M, Kulavi S, Chatterjee S. In-silico Screening of Some Important Bioactive Compounds as Potential Inhibitors of 3CLpro Protein of SARS-CoV-2 and MERS-CoV Virus. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology (IJPSN). 2022 Sep 15;15(4):6043-54.
- Kulavi S, Chatterjee S, Ghosh C, Saha M. A Compendium of Precision Oncology: An Approach towards Unveiling the Unique and Individualized Reality of Cancer. Current Aspects in Pharmaceutical Research and Development Vol. 6. 2021 Dec 6:21-43.
- Kulavi S, Banerjee S, Sengupta T, Ghosh C, Saha M, Chatterjee S. Virtual screening through molecular docking analysis to identify potential natural inhibitor (s) of Lyn tyrosine kinase-an in-silico approach. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International. 2021 Nov 15;33(50A):85-105.
- Sohini Kulavi1, Subhadra Nandi1, Chandrima Das1, Titav Sengupta1, Moumita Saha1, Chandreyi Ghosh1, Pranabesh Ghosh1, Arpita Saha2 and Sirshendu Chatterjee1; Characterization and Comparative Evaluation of Antibacterial and Cytotoxic Efficacy between two Quercetin-Au- Nanoconjugates synthesized using Pure Tri-Sodium Citrate and its Natural Alternative – Lemon Extract. Int. J. Res. Ayurveda Pharm. 2021;12(2):33-41 http://dx.doi.org/10.7897/2277- 4343.120242
- Kulavi S, Ghosh C, Saha M, Chatterjee S. One Size Does Not Fit All: An Overview of Personalized Treatment in Cancer. Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International. 2021:87-103.
- Chatterjee S, Das S, Ghosh P, Sengupta T, Nandi S, Kulavi S, Mandal S. Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles Using Olden-landia corymbosa and Ocimum sanctum Leaf Aqueous Extract. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology (IJPSN). 2020 Nov 23;13(3):4959-64.
- Chatterjee S, Saha M, Ghosh P, Nandi S, Sengupta T, Sohini Kulavi, Das S. Green synthesis and characterization of silver nano-conjugates using some common medicinal weeds leaf aqueous extracts. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology (IJPSN). 2020 Jan 31;13(1):4752-8.
- Ghosh P, Kulavi S, Nandi S, Sengupta T, Biswas M, Das P, Das C, Chatterjee S. Green synthesis and characterization silver nano-conjugates using Heliotropium indicum and Glycosmis pentaphylla leaf aqueous extracts. Journal of Nanoscience, Nanoengineering & Applications. 2019;9(2):22-30.